Sticky Sesame Prawn Skewers
These easy-to-eat sticky sesame soy skewers are a great dinner party starter.
- 130ml Kikkoman Sesame, Ginger & Soy Marinade and Sauce, plus extra to serve
- 40g honey
- 24 medium green prawns, peeled, cleaned, tails intact
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 7cm lengths
- Vegetable oil, for drizzling
- Roasted sesame seeds and steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Quick Pickled Cucumber
- 1 1/2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, seeds removed, cut into julienne
- 50ml rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Stir Kikkoman Sesame, Ginger & Soy Marinade and Sauce and honey in a small saucepan over low heat to combine, cool completely then combine with prawns in a bowl, cover and refrigerate to marinate for 30 minutes.
Drain prawns from marinade and thread onto metal skewers, starting with a prawn, then a mushroom half, then a piece of spring onion, repeating once more, then finishing with a prawn. Cover and refrigerate until required.
To make quick pickled cucumber, combine ingredients and sea salt to taste in a bowl and stand until lightly pickled (15 minutes).
Heat a char-grill or barbeque to high heat. Drizzle prawn skewers with oil and cook, turning occasionally, until slightly charred and cooked through (3-4 minutes).
Serve hot, drizzled with extra Kikkoman Sesame, Ginger & Soy Marinade and Sauce, scattered with roasted sesame seeds, with steamed rice.