Chocolate Brownie Slice
Traditional brownies with the rich, nutty taste only naturally brewed soy brings.
- 250g butter
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups (350g) tightly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Fresh berries, vanilla yoghurt or ice cream (optional) to serve
Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring, until melted and smooth.
Place sugar, eggs and soy sauce in a large bowl. Add melted chocolate and mix until combined.
Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder over the chocolate and stir to combine.
Pour mixture into a 23cm square cake tin lined with baking paper and bake in a moderate oven (180°C/fan forced 160°C) for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cut into serving size squares.
Serve warm or cold with fresh berries, vanilla yoghurt or ice cream if desired.