Braised BBQ Pork Ribs
Succulent sticky sweet pork ribs cooked low and slow.
- 1.5kg pork belly ribs
- 500ml (2 cups) Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Chinese rice wine (shoaxing)
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 5cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 tbs honey
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Kikkoman Honey and Soy Marinade and Stir Fry Sauce
- Coriander and thinly sliced green onions, to serve
Preheat oven to 160C. Place pork in a single layer in a deep baking dish.
Place Kikkoman Soy Sauce, rice wine, sugar, ginger, garlic, cinnamon and 375ml water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Pour over pork, making sure ribs are completely covered. Cover with foil and bake for 3 hours. Remove from oven and discard braising liquid.
Preheat a barbecue or chargrill plate to medium. Combine honey with Kikkoman Honey and Soy Marinade and Sauce in a small bowl.
Cook pork, basting with marinade, for 2 minutes each side or until pork is lightly browned.
Serve with coriander and green onions.